Be More of a Self Care Queen and transform your evening routine with Oh Natural
routine noun a sequence of actions regularly followed to live a kick-ass fulfilling life
Routines and rituals are always included as a goal when I’m working with my coaching clients. Routines are the strong foundation we all need to begin to prioritise our holistic health and live a fulfilling lifestyle. Without them you can end up feeling overwhelmed, unproductive and disempowered. I know that as soon as my routines go out the window, all the wheels start to fall off and I’m sending SOS’s out all over the place. Today I’m sharing my current evening routine full of self care goodness and Bid’s tips for a deep night’s sleep. Clearly, I’m human, and I don’t nail this every single night.
TIDY UP LOOSE ENDS
- I spend 5-10 minutes reflecting on the day. I look at my diary and my goals and acknowledge what I achieved, how it all went while taking note of anything that is unfinished. I then set intentions for the next day and get clear on what my day looks like. This leaves me feeling in control and calm.
- Tidy up time! I set my timer on my phone for 10-20 minutes (depending on the state of my house) and put everything back where it belongs. It’s amazing how much you can do in 10 minutes when you’re fully focussed on the task at hand. I find this makes for a fresh start in the morning. Nothing beats waking up to a tidy house reminding you of how much of a legend you are and that you are absolutely nailing life.
LOVE THY BODY
- I find showering before bed helps me have a better night’s sleep especially when I take the time to pamper my skin and appreciate what my physical body can do. I’ve made the transition to natural self care products, do you how know much cancer causing bullshit is in sitting in the bottles in your shower right now? Go have a look and google some of the words you don’t know. It is crazy what you’ll find. I’m currently using the Holistic Hair Pure Shampoo and Conditioner which are made in NZ and are 98% natural! My locks are loving it, and the environment. I’ve also used the Ethique Shampoo and Conditioner bars and highly recommend them also.
- I love to look after my skin ensuring it’s soft and hydrated. At least every second day I’ll do a full body, body scrub. I’m digging the be kind body co. Coffee + Coconut Body Scrub, 100% natural and made in Nelson. I’m not a coffee drinker but don’t mind soaking up the benefits of rubbing it all over my bod.
- Keeping up with the skin love, again at least every second day, I’ll spend some time showing my physical body some love by moisturising all over. Don’t have time? Mate, make the time. Your body does so much for you, give a little back hey. I’ve just started using the Ethique Jasmine and Ylang Ylang Butter Block. It smells absolutely divine and is best used straight out of the shower on damp skin. Leaves you feeling like a soft, supple and environmentally friendly goddess.
LOVE THY FACE
This is my favourite part of my evening routine. I’ve experienced many delicious products lately that have taken my at home face care pampering to the next level.
- The Acure Brightening Facial Scrub is one of two of my holy grail products. I have had issues with my skin for the past year after coming off the pill and this has been one of the first products I’ve noticed a considerable difference with. It’s vegan, sulfate and paraben free, full of argan stem cell + chlorella. Plant powered goodness.
- My second holy grail product is The Herb Farm Rosehip Oil. This stuff is liquid gold and makes me feel like a radiant queen. The Herb Farm is another amazing NZ brand and is an award winning sustainable business. Heart bursting!
- By now you should know crystals are a big deal to me, when I found out you could rub them on your face to stimulate your lymphatic system and detoxify the skin I was all over it. I use the Tailor Jade Face Roller after I’ve applied my rosehip oil to really work the oil into the skin as well as encourage detoxification and reduce puffiness. It also works great to release tension, goodbye headaches. Not to mention Jade is great for soothing the mind and releasing negative thoughts.
- I’ll put in extra effort once a week, maybe twice and slap on a face mask before my shower. Oh Natural stocks three face masks that I love and use interchangeably. The Tailor Polish is amazing for breakouts and congestion, as well as spot treatments the week before Aunty Flow arrives. Girl Undiscovered, Stumbled Across Face Mask is another delicious natural face treatment full of balinese coconut oil and NZ kanuka honey. BUT my absolute fave is The Herb Farm Revitalising Face Mask, a mixture of pink and white clay. It’s currently out of stock, but you can put your email address in to be notified when it’s back in stock. Will be totally worth it, trust me.
- Total phone ban in the bedroom. I charge my phone in another room and try to switch off from all technology by 9pm.
- I love to get into bed with a piping hot cup of herbal tea. Oh Natural stock Pukka and they have the biggest range of nourishing and soothing tea blends. I’ve been drinking the Relax one before bed over the last couple of weeks.
- I’m a big fan of essential oils and will sometimes put a few drops of lavender on my pillows if I’m feeling a bit agitated. Black Chicken do a nifty wee sniffer, like the Vicks ones, but full of delicious essential oils to mellow you out not just at bedtime but anytime you need it throughout the day. I’ve been sniffing Serenity, a mixture of pink grapefruit, basil, neroli, patchouli, lavender and mandarin. Mmmm mmmm.
- Once I’m in bed with my cup of tea I’ll write in my gratitude journal. I write three things I’m grateful for, three successes from my day and three things I love about myself. This is something I encourage all of my coaching clients to get into the habit of doing and you too! Give it a try for a week and see how you feel.
Start transforming your evening routine step by step and find out what works for you. We’ve got this self care kings and queens!
All products mentioned throughout can be purchased at OH NATURAL. The past couple of years I’ve awakened my consciousness when it comes to what products I’m using on my body and also how they’re impacting the world on an environmental and ethical scale. Jenna, the beauty who owns OH NATURAL, stocks only natural, organic and vegan products, supporting NZ businesses where she can. This is my absolute favourite store for all of my self care needs and have rustled up a discount code for you. Use GOALDIGGERSNZ for 10% off your entire order!